Friday, May 2, 2008

Chapter 28

I was very intrigued by Chapter 28! There were so many things touched upon in this chapter that I had never really thought about. It was so interesting to hear Screwtape talk about death; for I think at times I do associate death especially war with evil and hatred. However, often it is men fighting for their country or what they believe not because they want to hurt others. Furthermore, It was so interesting that Screwtape wanted Wormwood to keep his patient alive because at a time of war people often do find God. Men and women do not want to die at war with themselves, their family, friends, and especially not God, so they often mend relationships and begin to rely on God
Also, the way in which Screwtape described the younger years and middle age years was very enlightening. I do believe that when people are younger they are often amazed by every little thing and are not concerned with worldly things. However, as people begin to age they attach themselves to their life here on Earth. I know as I am getting older I focus so much of my time and energy in my success here on earth with my education and future job. Although, someday these things will not matter but my relationship with God will. This chapter has definitely forced me to reassess my main concerns.

No comments: